If you can believe this, with the help of these five guys, John Serrato, Dan Sanchez, Jay Kaufman, Dom Davino, and Mike Vernali, we were able to handle the entire Sauer division season including the playoffs. These umpires were able to help out in the Reyna division also. The BYBA umpire program wishes to thank these gentlemen. We also invite any people interested in taking part in our umpire program, to join us next season.
ALL BYBA equipment must be returned this Thursday, May 25th , from 6-8PM.
Please drop off at the equipment shed at Bayside 3.
- Click on the large red Register Now button. This will bring you to our registration site, which is hosted by Sports Illustrated Play. If you wish to go directly to the registration page, the URL is https://login.siplay.com/Users/Login?leagueId=94011001
- If you have an existing account from registering for BYBA in past years, simply login using your email address and password. If you forgot your password, click on the “Reset Password” link. They system will send a new password to the email address that is associated with the account.
- If you are new to BYBA, click on “Create an Account,” and follow the steps as you are prompted by the system.
- Once you are in the system, via your account, scroll down and click on the blue box that says, “Register to Play/Participate”. If you wish to Coach or Volunteer (and we hope you will!) you can click on the blue button which reads “Apply to Coach/Volunteer” after registering your player(s).
- If you’ve registered for BYBA in the past, you can simply select the player’s name(s) that you want to register. If you haven’t registered your child before, you can click next to “New Child”.
- After selecting the player’s name or New Child, click on “Register Now”
- If you are registering a New Child, you’ll need to fill out some information including Name, Nickname, Birth Date, and Medical Info. Once you’ve filled out this information, click “Save” at the bottom of the page. If you are registering a returning player, this information will be pre-populated.
- The next page will display the different leagues which are available. Look for the options under the header “Summer 2017 (All Leagues)”. Please select the appropriate option based on the league your child is currently playing in (for example, if you are registering a Mudville player, select “Mudville Summer 2017”.
- After selecting the correct league, scroll down and click on “Register as a Player”
- A Participation Code will be required before proceeding. Please enter the code “community”. Please note this is Caps Sensitive. Use all small letters, please. Click Save.
- You will then need to answer a handful of questions, including Residency and the player’s jersey size. You will also have an opportunity to donate to the BYBA Scholarship Fund, which helps to defray league fees for players with verified financial need. If you choose to donate, we thank you, and please note that Burlingame Youth Baseball Association (BYBA) is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, Federal Tax ID# xxxxxxx. Also note that there is a question for “Team”. Simply click “Unassigned”. Once registered, we’ll assign your child to the correct Tournament Team. Once you’ve answered all the questions, click “Continue”.
- This will display your Shopping Cart. If you need to register another player, or register to volunteer or coach, please click on “Register Additional Players / Volunteers”. If you do not wish to register another player, nor to volunteer or coach, click on “Continue to Checkout”.
- You will have a chance to review your order. Please review carefully. You may then proceed to payment by clicking on “Pay with Credit Card”.
- Please note that unlike the Spring Season, we do not display a Consent Form, a Medical Release, Participation Policy, nor a Conduct Policy for Players and Parents. Your consent and releases from Spring Season will suffice for Tournament Play. We also expect that all Players and Parents will adhere to the same standards of conduct we uphold during the regular season.
- If you need assistance with registration, please e-mail our Registrar (Shep Maher) at BYBARegistrar@gmail.com. Please note that like all of our Board Members, our Registrar is a volunteer – Shep will respond as quickly as possible, but please do not expect an immediate response.
Last Sunday, the 12U Cooperstown team held their 1st annual skills clinic geared toward teaching 7-9 year old BYBA players the fundamental skills of baseball and to have fun doing it. The clinic was organized, marketed, and run entirely by the 12U players as a means of raising funds toward their trip to Cooperstown, NY (home of the Baseball Hall of Fame) later this summer when they play against 103 teams from across the country. 46 kids attended the clinic, which played to rave reviews from parents and kids alike, and included 8 skills stations, a hot dog lunch, and a finale game of ”pickle” to round out a beautiful day on the ballfield. Thank you to everyone involved for their support of the Cooperstown team – wish these Boys of Summer good luck in NY next time you see them!
Mudville Viewing: 1-4:30pm
Reyna Viewing: 9:30am-1pm
Sauer Viewing: 1-4:30pm
Email your league directors below to register if you plan to attend.
- Sauer: Tom Russell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reyna: Rob Wehmeyer (email@example.com)
- Mudville: Dermott Larkin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Summer Tournament baseball program is a competitive league that augments our regular season league and supports one to three teams per league starting at Sandlot (8 years) and ending at Sauer (14 years).
Summer tournament teams are a more rigorous training program for developing baseball players and require a higher level of effort, focus and commitment than the regular season. All Summer Tournament team players spend the spring playing on a regular season BYBA team. Most teams play their first tournament of the season on Memorial Day weekend and then continue throughout the summer on a regular basis after the regular season ends. Each team is run by a group of Tournament Team coaches who are appointed by the League Director. Typically, one of the teams is designated as the A team (the Red team) and one as the B team (the Blue team). Typically, the A team will seek to play in the more competitive A brackets of local tournaments. In the Mudville division, we typically form a third team of all 9U players (the White team).
The League Director of each league is responsible for forming the respective league’s tournament team in late April. Tournament teams are highly selective and players are selected based on a variety of factors, including:
- Attitude, effort and ability
- Observed performance during the regular season
- Coach evaluations based on regular season play
- Viewing day performance (conducted in late April; Mudville, Reyna and Sauer only)
- Tournament season availability (families should schedule summer plans to make at least 3 of 4 or 4 of 5 tournaments)
Assessments and selections will be made by a committee of experienced tournament coaches. Not all players will be selected.
Each team participates in tournaments held in nearby towns throughout the summer, typically Memorial Day through late July or early August. Coaches and team to decide tourney schedule (~ 4 to 6 tournaments per team). Anticipate minimum of 2 practices per week (one field practice and one batting cage practice). The cost is approximately $375 – $450 per player for the summer and includes
- Uniforms (hat, jersey, socks)
- Field and light fees
- Tournament entry fees
- Fees are only due once player is selected to a team
Learn baseball skills from the 2017 BYBA Cooperstown Team!
It’s going to be a BLAST!!!
Sunday, April 23rd
*BYBA Players ages 7-9 welcome*
9:00AM – 12:30PM
$50 Per Player (Only 50 spots available)
Lunch and Snack Provided Bayside Park Fields #2 and #3
CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP!
Derek Johnson – 2017 Cooperstown Coach