FIRST TEAM MEETING:
- TBD – FIRST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER, WASHINGTON PARK BASEBALL FIELD-STANDS.
To enroll, please click here.
RULES FOR ELIGIBLE PLAYERS:
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE IN HIGH SCHOOL!
- The BYBA fall ball program is not affiliated with BHS. Most of the fall ball coaching staff will be from the varsity staff, however it’s still not a part of the BHS sports program. (NOTE: We encourage all students to play multiple sports in high school, it is a great experience! High school sports programs take priority over fall baseball. If your athlete plans on playing a fall sport at BHS, we would recommend him/her not play BYBA fall ball. There are simply too many conflicts, and we would not want a player to get hurt during fall ball and not be able to finish his/her commitment to the BHS team. Not playing fall ball will NOT hurt anyone’s chances of making the freshman/JV/Varsity BHS baseball teams).
- Two teams will be established (19U AND 16U). The coach determines placement.
- FEE’S ARE SET BY RESIDENCY: (Outside Burlingame residents pay a higher fee because of a new per player fee schedule that was established by the City of Burlingame Field User Policy).
- Registration fees: $375.00 for Burlingame residents and $435 for non-residents…
- Registration fees pays for insurance, equipment, balls, fields, lights, and umpires. Players will receive a hat, jersey, and socks. Pants color shall be gray (provided by the player).
- Registration is via BYBA web <BYBA.US>. All players must register and pay fees prior to playing. Players must provide the coach with a copy of their birth certificate and BYBA medical release form at the first team meeting. Registration will close at the coach’s discretion.
- Practices will be every Wednesday and Thursday afternoons (@3:30-5:30)… The program begins the week following Labor Day and ends in mid-November.
- Games will be on Saturday’s or Sunday’s (game schedule TBD). Last season we played 27 games.
- Tournaments may be added by the coach which may require additional per player fees.
- The league is governed by standard high school rules and Professional Baseball rules.
RULES OF INTEREST:
- Teams play 7 inning games. There is no time limit on games unless a second game with two different teams is scheduled to follow. Games are played until a winner is determined (yes-extra innings). Avoid contact enforced, no jewelry, no throwing equipment, Only BBCOR -3 (high school standard) bats allowed.
Players: Max Alvira, Aiden Aguinaldo, Josh Birchall, Jake Cilia, Liam Howard, Keuhno Kim, Makoto Kobayashi, Connor Lavine, Anthony Ruocco, Cole Sibley, Evan Walker, Noah Larkin, and Daniel Navarro. Coaches: Rob Cilia, Shane Cody, and Devon Schutzler.
Congrats to coaches Derek Johnson, Pat Doherty, and Matt Potter.
If you can believe this, with the help of these five guys, John Serrato, Dan Sanchez, Jay Kaufman, Dom Davino, and Mike Vernali, we were able to handle the entire Sauer division season including the playoffs. These umpires were able to help out in the Reyna division also. The BYBA umpire program wishes to thank these gentlemen. We also invite any people interested in taking part in our umpire program, to join us next season.
ALL BYBA equipment must be returned this Thursday, May 25th , from 6-8PM.
Please drop off at the equipment shed at Bayside 3.
- Click on the large red Register Now button. This will bring you to our registration site, which is hosted by Sports Illustrated Play. If you wish to go directly to the registration page, the URL is https://login.siplay.com/Users/Login?leagueId=94011001
- If you have an existing account from registering for BYBA in past years, simply login using your email address and password. If you forgot your password, click on the “Reset Password” link. They system will send a new password to the email address that is associated with the account.
- If you are new to BYBA, click on “Create an Account,” and follow the steps as you are prompted by the system.
- Once you are in the system, via your account, scroll down and click on the blue box that says, “Register to Play/Participate”. If you wish to Coach or Volunteer (and we hope you will!) you can click on the blue button which reads “Apply to Coach/Volunteer” after registering your player(s).
- If you’ve registered for BYBA in the past, you can simply select the player’s name(s) that you want to register. If you haven’t registered your child before, you can click next to “New Child”.
- After selecting the player’s name or New Child, click on “Register Now”
- If you are registering a New Child, you’ll need to fill out some information including Name, Nickname, Birth Date, and Medical Info. Once you’ve filled out this information, click “Save” at the bottom of the page. If you are registering a returning player, this information will be pre-populated.
- The next page will display the different leagues which are available. Look for the options under the header “Summer 2017 (All Leagues)”. Please select the appropriate option based on the league your child is currently playing in (for example, if you are registering a Mudville player, select “Mudville Summer 2017”.
- After selecting the correct league, scroll down and click on “Register as a Player”
- A Participation Code will be required before proceeding. Please enter the code “community”. Please note this is Caps Sensitive. Use all small letters, please. Click Save.
- You will then need to answer a handful of questions, including Residency and the player’s jersey size. You will also have an opportunity to donate to the BYBA Scholarship Fund, which helps to defray league fees for players with verified financial need. If you choose to donate, we thank you, and please note that Burlingame Youth Baseball Association (BYBA) is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, Federal Tax ID# xxxxxxx. Also note that there is a question for “Team”. Simply click “Unassigned”. Once registered, we’ll assign your child to the correct Tournament Team. Once you’ve answered all the questions, click “Continue”.
- This will display your Shopping Cart. If you need to register another player, or register to volunteer or coach, please click on “Register Additional Players / Volunteers”. If you do not wish to register another player, nor to volunteer or coach, click on “Continue to Checkout”.
- You will have a chance to review your order. Please review carefully. You may then proceed to payment by clicking on “Pay with Credit Card”.
- Please note that unlike the Spring Season, we do not display a Consent Form, a Medical Release, Participation Policy, nor a Conduct Policy for Players and Parents. Your consent and releases from Spring Season will suffice for Tournament Play. We also expect that all Players and Parents will adhere to the same standards of conduct we uphold during the regular season.
- If you need assistance with registration, please e-mail our Registrar (Shep Maher) at BYBARegistrar@gmail.com. Please note that like all of our Board Members, our Registrar is a volunteer – Shep will respond as quickly as possible, but please do not expect an immediate response.