BYBA 2017 FALL BALL-16U & 19U TEAMS
FIRST TEAM MEETING:
- TBD – FIRST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER, WASHINGTON PARK BASEBALL FIELD-STANDS.
To enroll, please click here.
RULES FOR ELIGIBLE PLAYERS:
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE IN HIGH SCHOOL!
- The BYBA fall ball program is not affiliated with BHS. Most of the fall ball coaching staff will be from the varsity staff, however it’s still not a part of the BHS sports program. (NOTE: We encourage all students to play multiple sports in high school, it is a great experience! High school sports programs take priority over fall baseball. If your athlete plans on playing a fall sport at BHS, we would recommend him/her not play BYBA fall ball. There are simply too many conflicts, and we would not want a player to get hurt during fall ball and not be able to finish his/her commitment to the BHS team. Not playing fall ball will NOT hurt anyone’s chances of making the freshman/JV/Varsity BHS baseball teams).
- Two teams will be established (19U AND 16U). The coach determines placement.
- FEE’S ARE SET BY RESIDENCY: (Outside Burlingame residents pay a higher fee because of a new per player fee schedule that was established by the City of Burlingame Field User Policy).
- Registration fees: $375.00 for Burlingame residents and $435 for non-residents…
- Registration fees pays for insurance, equipment, balls, fields, lights, and umpires. Players will receive a hat, jersey, and socks. Pants color shall be gray (provided by the player).
- Registration is via BYBA web <BYBA.US>. All players must register and pay fees prior to playing. Players must provide the coach with a copy of their birth certificate and BYBA medical release form at the first team meeting. Registration will close at the coach’s discretion.
- Practices will be every Wednesday and Thursday afternoons (@3:30-5:30)… The program begins the week following Labor Day and ends in mid-November.
- Games will be on Saturday’s or Sunday’s (game schedule TBD). Last season we played 27 games.
- Tournaments may be added by the coach which may require additional per player fees.
- The league is governed by standard high school rules and Professional Baseball rules.
RULES OF INTEREST:
- Teams play 7 inning games. There is no time limit on games unless a second game with two different teams is scheduled to follow. Games are played until a winner is determined (yes-extra innings). Avoid contact enforced, no jewelry, no throwing equipment, Only BBCOR -3 (high school standard) bats allowed.
← Previous Post | Next Post →