|Dear Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Managers:
Thank you for volunteering to share your time and energy to support BYBA, our kids, and our shared mission to build community through youth baseball. We are an all-volunteer organization; we literally can’t do it without you.
There are 3 important dates coming up:
- Saturday 2/9, 10am or 11:30am (age group dependent, see below) – MANDATORY Coaches Clinic & Lunch
- Tuesday 2/12, 7pm @ Rec Center – First Coaches Meeting (Pre-Season Practice Selection & Equipment)
- Wednesday, 3/6, 7pm @ Rec Center – Second Coaches Meeting (Regular Season Practice Selection)
Coaching Clinic Details:
Please block off time on Saturday, February 9th for a mandatory clinic for all coaches, assistant coaches, and managers who are volunteering during the 2019 season. Please wear comfortable clothes, and bring a pen and paper. A glove is optional. We will be walking you through some drills you can use with your team.
- 10:30am – 11:30am – 8U and 10U coaches field session. Meet in the bleachers at the high school baseball field.
- 11:30am – 12:30pm – ALL COACHES, ALL AGE GROUPS (6U/8U/10U/12U/14U). Lunch will be provided. This session will be held in the “Auditorium” room of the Burlingame Rec Center. There will be a short follow-up meeting for the 6U coaches.
- 12:30pm-2:30pm – 12U and 14U coaches field session. Will head out from lunch to the high school field.
The field training is run by Jeff Hipps from Starting Line Up – he and his crew are really experienced at TEACHING baseball fundamentals to very young players in a fun and positive environment. The all BYBA coach meeting will cover information important to all BYBA coaches regardless of the division they are coaching. Meeting your BYBA board members (like equipment, fields, registrar, and others), reviewing the BYBA philosophy and learning the coach do’s and don’ts is guaranteed to come in handy this season.
This session is mandatory. We will be taking attendance. We will be covering important information including safety protocols so please make this session a priority. If you are unable to attend, please email me at email@example.com to let me know. Thank you.
Also – please note – ANYONE who wants to coach, even if that means helping out once in a while in the dugout, or coaching a base – MUST register as a coach through our website, so we can run you through a background check. That background check MUST BE COMPLETED EVERY YEAR, FOR ALL COACHES.